"I trust my brothers and they are giving me what I want"

 

Woori Card in the V-League Men's Division clinched the title on their own after catching Korean Air on the 6th. A victory in a crucial matchup. Setter Han Tae-joon was the star of the show.


After sweeping Korean Air 3-0 (25-21, 27-25, 25-23) at Gyeyang Gymnasium in Incheon on Saturday, head coach Shin Young-cheol said, "I ordered Han Tae-joon to 'play a fastball even after a dig,' and we often train like that," and praised him for being bold and doing well today.


Shin said he had some things to work on, "We need to work on the details," but he reiterated that his tosses were getting better and better.


Han Tae-joon said, "I feel comfortable playing against Korean Air. We play with the attitude of learning even if we lose. I play with the mindset of challenging myself. When I play with my brothers on the sidelines, I naturally relax and it seems to work out well."


He is one of the top non-scoring players this season. KOVO lists the top six non-scoring players in both the men's and women's divisions this season, with 2004-born Taejun Han, a second-year pro, leading the men's division in set wins.


Tae-Jun Han leads the division with an average of 11.62 set wins per set. This season, Han has played in 127 sets in 33 matches, totaling 1,476 set winners in 33 matches, and has a reliable toss.


At 5-foot-10, he is one of the shortest setters in the men's division (tied with Samsung Fire setters Jung Seung-hyun and Lee Jae-hyun), 안전놀이터 but he also averages 0.213 blocks per set, which is the third-best block rate among setters (1st Korean Air Han, 2nd OK Financial Group Kwak Myung-woo).


Han is an early draftee who joined the Woori Card as the fourth overall pick in the first round of the 2022-2023 rookie draft instead of attending college after high school. In just his second season, he has established himself as Woori Card's starting setter, setting a new career-high for sets in a single match with 68 in the first round against Korean Air this season, while also breaking his own career-high for blocks with three.


In just two seasons, he has proven his mettle and is positioning himself as the next generation of setters to lead the league in the future.


"I trust my brothers and follow them," Han said. I feel like they're giving me what I want and supporting me by 'fighting' behind me," he said.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Powerful Hyundai E&C...Powerful Woori Card

Golfers opened their wallets again this year, but who?

"Aiming for permanent seeding"